There Is Always Music In Suzi's World

There Is Always Music In Suzi's World

Saturday, June 18, 2016

New Lizzie Cook - Finally


It's about time!  Y'all know what a big Elizabeth Cook fan I am, so you know that I'm thrilled she has finally released a new album, "Exodus of Venus."  And, you know what?  It was well worth the wait!  This is some kick ass music.  Wow.

When I met her a few years ago in Chattanooga, I told her that I liked all of her stuff, but was partial to "Welder."  She replied that "Welder" was the closest she had been able to get (so far) to the music she wanted to make.  Her first hit "Balls" was total Big Nashville exploitation of a pretty blonde with a twangy accent.  Who can blame her for making the music she was being paid to make, all the while writing her own sound and waiting patiently.


I'll say again, it was worth the wait.  I'm just on my first listen as I write this.  I had heard "Evacuation" a few days ago, and was blown away.  This is not "Booty"... this is real music.  A little bit gritty, which I like.  A little bit sad, which I like.  A whole lot of great lyrics and a rocking band, which I love.  Just a great album.


Now, I'm going to listen to it again!








Let me know what you think about Lizzie's new sound!
...




No comments:

Post a Comment